Looking for a new gym to join this January? If you’re feeling sluggish or a little bit bloated from the food and drink binge season, maybe it’s time to reinvent yourself for 2016.Kingston is filled with many types of gyms, from low budget to luxurious, including spas. Think wisely about how you would like to spend your student loan this January. Joining the gym could be a great way to ease the stress of writing dissertations or completing assignments. Here you have five gyms that are worth joining this year in Kingston.
- The Gym
A gym that is affordable for our students.
- £17.99 per month
- No contract
- Discounted parking
- Free wi-fi
On top of that affordable price, joining The Gym means that members have access to all classes at any time. If you’re apprehensive about joining this gym, you are able to try it for a day from just £4.99. For any more information, visit The Gym.
- Virgin Active
A gym that is a little bit pricey but offers more for our students.
- £72 per month (12 months) + £25 joining fee
- £84 full flexi monthly + £25 joining fee
- £42 per month + £25 joining fee, 50 per cent off on flexible individual memberships when you have insurance with VitalityHealth or VitalityLife
- £41 per month + £25 joining fee for 16 or 17 year olds
- £62 per month + £25 joining fee for 18-25 year olds
Although Virgin Active is pricier than The Gym, it offers class studios, cycle studios, spa facilities for our even more stressed students, it enables them to relax and to clear their mind from all the assignment deadlines they have. For more information, visit Virgin Active.
- David Lloyd
A gym that offers memberships fit for your desired time.
- Peak and non-peak memberships including vantage, family package, junior, 18-22 years and senior memberships
- New three-month membership
- Students pay £52 per month
The great thing about David Lloyd is that every membership includes gym equipment, swimming pool, spas and students can choose from 10,000 group exercise classes every week. So why don’t you indulge in a group exercise and make new friends too? For more information, visit David Lloyd.
- More energy
A gym local to KU students.
- £120 per academic year (silver membership), £185 (gold membership)
- £50 over the summer period (silver membership), £65 (gold membership)
- £25 joining fee for silver and gold memberships
Why not pop down to the university gym during lectures and go for a quick workout? More Energy is located at the back of the Penryhn Road campus and is accessible to all students with a membership. For more information, visit More Energy.
- Kingfisher Leisure Centre
A gym that is affordable, with a swimming pool.
- £17.99 per month
- Unlimited use of the gym
- £25 joining fee
For all those interested in signing up to Kingfisher Leisure Centre, they have an open day on Saturday January 23. If students are quick they will be able to receive a January Special membership offer . For more information, visit Kingfisher Leisure Centre.