Are you tired of arguing over how the bill will be split at a restaurant? Or want more privacy at dinner while keeping a romantic atmosphere? If so, read on.
These meal suggestions are for hard-up students, who want something that is easy, cheap and romantic… but not fish and chips. These meals, if prepared well, have a romantic value.
1. Spaghetti Bolognese
– Half an onion, one small carrot and one celery stick – chop into very small pieces.
– Place into a pot, with a small amount of olive oil. One minute at full heat while stirring.
– Put in the beef mince meat, roughly 300 grams.
– Stir it again at full heat, roughly 10 minutes.
– Optional for better flavour: Put in a dab of red wine, stir it for two minutes more.
– Place in a tin of tomato sauce 400grams (blend it first).
– Let it all cook for one hour, at minimum heat with the lid on (leaving a small gap for some air).
– Ten minutes before the mince meat has finished cooking, get another pot, fill it with boiling water and put in the spaghetti (300grams) to boil (read packet for duration).
Optional: Add grated parmesan cheese once served.
2. Vegetarian Risotto Ai Funghi Porcini (Mushroom – Dried Porcini/ Arborio Rice)
– Put the mushrooms (30 grams) into the pot with water at lukewarm temperature, and leave in for roughly 15 minutes or until the mushroom becomes soft (just enough water to cover the mushrooms).
– Take out a frying pan as you wait for the mushrooms to soften. Use one clove of garlic and cut it into very small pieces before putting it in. Fry it in olive oil until it is fairly warm at medium heat.
– Take the mushrooms out of the first pot, squeeze to dry. (Keep the water they were in for the sauce later on.)
– Put the mushrooms together with the garlic in the frying pan at medium heat until it is warm, roughly for one minute.
– Add in a dab of white wine, and let it evaporate a little for one minute. Add some parsley for flavour.
– Stir for another 30 seconds then put the water (that the mushroom was in before) into the frying pan.
– Keep at medium heat and let it boil for five minutes.
– In the meantime, get another pot and put it on a medium heat. Place in half a small onion (cut into very small pieces) with olive oil and stir. Add the Arborio rice (300 grams). While stirring, add half a litre of water and stir until it has completely evaporated (takes roughly 10 minutes). If the rice is still hard afterwards, add a little more water and repeat process until soft.
Once ready, add to the frying pan with the mushroom in it and drop in a spoon of cream before stiring and serving.
– Optional: Add grated parmesan cheese once served.
(Recommended you make salad on the side)
For pudding, try desserts such as strawberries dipped in warm, melted chocolate as they are well-known aphrodisiacs.
On a side note, don’t forget atmosphere is important when eating. Improve the atmosphere with clichés such as dimming the lights, candles and flower petals – or try to be more creative. Remember girls, the easiest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and guys; there is nothing sexier than a man who can cook.