Thu. Jul 4th, 2024

Kingston ease to comfortable victory over Buckinghamshire

By River Reporter Nov 7, 2012

Ryan Rocastle<--break->” src=”file:///C:\Users\Kiran\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif” width=1 height=1></P><br />
<P>The Kingston first team brushed aside a weak <A href=Buckinghamshire side to secure their first three points of the league season.

A Yaniek Monroe header and a brace from man of the match Leon Schwier gave Kingston the points they desperately needed after a poor start to the season.

Captain Dan Rich said: “It was good to keep a clean sheet as we haven’t done it yet this season, but we could have easily scored more.”

Starting Strong

The game started brightly for the Cougars when Buckinghamshire were warned in the second minute of the match and Schwier made a good run into the box to set up winger Terry Mireku, but his shot was put wide.

Buckinghamshire were punished when Mursal Mohammad’s clever pass found Schwier who finished neatly in the bottom corner.

Centre midfielder Charlie Marshall showed confidence when he tricked his way into the box with some quick step overs to create a decent chance for Schwier.

Mireku’s pace caused problems for the Bucks right back all game, but Kingston could not score.

Monroe did not have his shooting boots on and missed three excellent chances in the space of 15 minutes.

Second Half

Early in the second half of the game Kingston scored their second and crucial goal.

A dangerous ball from Mireku was knocked back into the six yard box by Rich and Monroe managed to hit the net.

From then on Kingston slowed the pace down whilst occasionally threatening.

Just as the game was about to come to an end Schwier scored again in a remarkable fashion.

The midfielder, who had been at the heart of everything good for Kingston, turned his man before selling another Buckinghamshire player with a dummy, then lashing it into the bottom corner.

Buckinghamshire captain James Higgins said: “We’ve got six players missing so it was always going to be hard. After they went two nil up we missed a great chance which could have changed things, but after they got their third it was all over.”

KU will face St Mary’s 3rd team on November 21 at Tolworth Court.

Related Post