Summer is gone. Some feel like clinging on to it, but they have to remember: when a new season begins, it means new fashion. Our autumn favourites are back for men and women. This is the season of hot chocolate and warm wool, tweed and cashmere to protect us from the cold. Of course, we all have those days when we feel lazy and just want to stay in bed with a warm scarf and do nothing but watch old movies. We understand that the change to autumn and winter can be dull, but we can always add some sparkle to our wardrobes and make the best out of it. So to celebrate this autumn season by adding something new and beautiful to your wardrobe-
Five must haves for men this season-
1) Bomber Jacket – This season, bomber jackets are making their space at the first rank for the changing weather. Be it black or green they suit every body type and look super swag in autumn. You can easily match them up with a simple T-shirt and a pair of black jeans. It gives a simple and relaxed look and if you’re looking to buy one at a budget price, then check out Uniqlo, who sell them in black, blue and brown at an affordable price, starting from £29.90.
2) The Camel Revolution – Camel is the color of the season and it is taking over everything men can think of wearing this autumn, be it a wool blend overcoat or a crewneck jumper. You can even buy camel color gloves to accessorize your outfit. Topman is doing some great camel blend over coats at £90 and camel gloves for just £8.
3) Leather Brogue Boots – We know many men still love their loafers from the summer, but brogue boots are a must have this season. Brogue boots are a perfect mix of casual and smart. They are perfect for the frosty season and add good dimension to your style. Clarks sells them for just £90 and Schuh have them relatively cheap for £60.
4) The Classic Round Neck Jumper – This one is the most common but the best for this freezing season. If you aren’t one to try different things, then this one is for you. You can never go wrong with some simple classic round neck jumpers, just make sure your jumper is figure hugging. You can style the jumpers with pinstripe trousers for a smart look or a pair of jeans for a casual look. Zara men have knit jumpers starting from just £15.99.
5) Wool Scarf – When the autumn/winter weather is hitting hard, a woolen scarf can do wonders. You can never be too old or too young to wear scarves. This accessory can make you stand out in a crowd. From tartan prints to a simple beige color, scarves can go with just about everything and tie an outfit together. If you are looking for a simple wool scarf, H&M is giving them away for just £19.99 and if want to go over your budget and treat yourself, then the Alexandra McQueen Oblong Scarf is famous and stylish for £175.
Five must haves for women this season-
1) Fluffy coats – Even though many of us might already have a fluffy coat, they are a hit this season. They were a must have piece on many runway shows this AW15 and are a statement piece this autumn/winter. Louis Vuitton and Stella McCartney have maxi fluffy coats in bright, bold colors. If you can’t afford them, there are many gorgeous pieces in Newlook from £54.99 and in Zara for £39.99.
2) The Classic Tartan Print – Grey, black and red is a classic tartan print which not only gives you a wintry Christmas feel but also looks great this season. The print is guaranteed to match any outfit with different patterns and colors on offer. Primark has some great tartan prints for just £5.
3) Over The Knee Boots – Over the knee boots have gained a lot of popularity this autumn season. They are available in most shops and come in many styles and materials from stylish suede to shiny leather. You could style them with midi skirts and shiny dresses like Balmain and Chanel. But to wear them right you need to style them with long jumpers and midi skirts to achieve that vintage rock chic look. River Island are selling them for £75 and Asos are selling them for a more affordable £55 but if you are looking for better quality, check out M&S, who sell them for £310. A bit pricey I know.
4) Red Berry Lipstick – This color is a must have this season. Dark berry shade lipsticks are great for complimenting your autumn/winter look. The best ones you can buy are Topshop “Beguiled”, Sleek “Cranberry”, Rimmel Kate Moss “107” and Mac “Russian Red”.
5) Lace Up Sweater/Top – We saw lace up fronts dominate the runway last summer/spring but it’s still a major on-going trend this autumn. We see many celebrities like Kim Kardashian rock it. You can find them for just £9.99 at Primark and £14.40 at Miss Selfridges.